Obtaining a LUM Target ID
An IBM Licence Use Management (LUM) tool is used to supply CATIA V5 with a licence.
It is compatible with supplying CATIA V5 R18, R19, R20, R21 and R22. The licence itself can be CONCURRENT (server based) or NODELOCKED (local machine based). The licence file is generated using a unique key called the Target ID, which is derived from the MAC address of the physical network adapter. In order to obtain the Target ID, a utility can be run. The Target ID must be provided when applying for a new licence and must be of the machine that the licence will be issued for.
How to obtain your Target ID
1. Download the LUM Target ID extraction tool
2. Browse to the directory where the extraction tool has been downloaded.
3. Right click on the .zip file and select Extract All…
4. Place the files on the user’s desktop and select Show extracted files when complete before selecting Extract.
5. The extracted folder will contain two files. Please open LUM-TargetID.cmd
6. This will have generated a Text file called LUM-TargetID.txt on the local desktop. Please send this file to support.