GD&T Training Course
IntratechSA is in a unique position combining Dassault Systèmes PLM solutions with a thriving engineering business, delivering mission critical projects to world-class companies in the Automotive, Aerospace, Marine and Oil/Gas sectors.
Several years ago, unable to source suitable training for our own engineering staff, we set about developing our own bespoke training, which is now offered as a commercial course to other engineering companies. As a result, our GD&T Training has been accredited by the South African Institute of Mechanical Engineering (SAIMechE 0745-12/16). This course is considered to support the CPD aims of the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) and as such participants of the course can now claim 2 credits in Category 1 for attending.
This course is suited towards all individuals involved in design and manufacturing processes, from design engineers through to manufacturing engineers, technicians and inspectors of all abilities.
No prior knowledge is required, some familiarity with part drawings and general manufacturing processes would be beneficial.
The course provides a comprehensive introduction into how to apply, read & understand technical drawings employing GD&T, aligned to:
- ASME Y14.5-2009 International Drawing Standard
- SANS 10111 South African National Standard
- BS 8888
- ISO International Drawing Standard
- Correctly identify and apply GD&T practices to parts and drawings
- Apply suitable tolerances to mating parts and features, to ensure assembly fit and functionality
- Correctly interpret technical drawings
- Understand the allowable variation in finished part size, as compared to the idealised form
- Understand the inspection methods required to check part suitability